Eric grew up in New Orleans, LA, and is an Honors graduate from the Tulane University School of Law where he was named to the Order of Barristers for excellence in oral and written advocacy. A former career prosecutor, Eric represents businesses, professional athletes, artists, musicians, families, and individuals in immigration and criminal matters.
Eric is routinely consulted by criminal defense attorneys representing noncitizens for expert advice on the immigration consequences of criminal pleas, strategic advice on saving the immigration status of their noncitizen clients, as well as how to best navigate State and immigration bond issues in achieving the goals of the noncitizen client.
Eric practices in front of numerous Federal and State courts and agencies including:
• 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
• Federal District of Colorado
• Colorado Supreme Court
• Colorado Court of Appeals
• State Courts (District and County) of Colorado
• Board of Immigration Appeals (“BIA”)
• Office of the Chief Administrative Hearing Officer (“OCAHO”)
• Executive Office of Immigration Review (“EOIR”)
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”)
Eric is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (“AILA”) and the Colorado Bar. He is currently head of the AILA Colorado ICE Liaison Committee and the chair-elect of the Immigration Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association. Eric is a frequent lecturer on immigration and criminal matters
He has been qualified as an expert witness in county and district courts throughout Colorado where he has testified on the constitutional duties of defense counsel and the immigration consequences of criminal convictions.
Licensed Attorney before the Colorado Supreme Court 1998-present
Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado 1998-present
Jennaweh Hondrogiannis grew up in Gallup, New Mexico and is a graduate of the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. Jennaweh specializes in family-based immigration cases, removal defense and business immigration. She is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Colorado Women’s Bar Association.
Jennaweh moved to Denver after being awarded the Gates Millennium Scholarship, which afforded her the opportunity to attend the University of Denver to pursue her undergraduate degree. While an undergraduate student at DU, Jennaweh was accepted into an accelerated degree program at the Josef Korbel School of International Studies and earned her B.A. in International Studies and M.A. in International Security within five years. As a graduate student, Jennaweh was an intern at the Ecumenical Refugee and Immigration Services and it was there that she found her passion to advocate for immigrants. Jennaweh is grateful for the opportunity to follow her dreams and is committed to helping immigrants find a path to follow theirs.
As a law student, Jennaweh committed herself to gaining meaningful experience within the immigration field by working as an intern at the Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition and the Executive Office of Immigration Review. After graduating from law school, Jennaweh gained valuable experience as an Associate Attorney at a Denver law firm where she represented businesses and individuals in corporate and family based immigration cases. Jennaweh also represented clients facing removal from the United States. Jennaweh has successfully represented clients before the Immigration Court in both detained and non-detained cases, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the Board of Immigration Appeals, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Department of Labor.
She is bilingual in English and Spanish.
· American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, Media Advocacy Chair (Present)
· Colorado Women’s Bar Association – Member, Annual Conference Planning Committee (2015 - Present)
· American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, GLBT Committee Chair (May 2014 – May 2016)
· American Immigration Lawyer’s Association, New Member Committee Chair (May 2013 – May 2014)
· Speaker: 4th Annual Rocky Mountain Fall Conference – “On the Run: Family Detention/UAC & SIJS/Asylum Update” (October 2015)
Kristin Knudson, Esq. represents businesses and individuals in their immigration matters. Her expertise stems from intensive experience practicing immigration law and representing diverse clientele, and her substantial involvement in the Spanish-speaking and immigrant communities.
Kristin started her career in immigration law at SafeHouse Denver, coordinating its immigration program to help immigrant victims of domestic violence. She represented asylum-seekers fleeing torture and persecution in their home countries. Kristin then spent a few years in federal business and securities litigation before returning to the field of immigration and nationality law.
Before starting her own practice, Kristin gained valuable experience in employment and family-based immigration, removal defense, and employer sanctions litigation at a Denver law firm. She is a founding partner of Johnson Knudson LLC.
Kristin specializes in helping employers bring employees of extraordinary ability to the United States, advising and representing businesses on transferring workers to the U.S., and preparing petitions for investors and entrepreneurs. She provides high quality, compassionate representation to families, victims of crimes and immigrants in removal proceedings. Kristin speaks fluent Spanish and is able to provide efficient, effective service to Spanish-speaking clients.
· Treasurer of the Executive Committee of the Colorado Chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), 2016-present
· Secretary of the Executive Committee of the Colorado Chapter of AILA, 2015-2016
· Executive Committee Member, Colorado Bar Association’s Immigration Section
· Member of the AILA Colorado U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Liaison Committee, 2014-2015
· Chair of the AILA Access to Services Committee, 2013-2015
· Member of the AILA Colorado Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 2014-2015
· Chair of the U Visa Working Group, 2012
· Member of the Spanish Speaking Lawyers Committee of the Colorado Bar Association, 2009-present
· Monthly presentations at Denver Public Library branches on Immigration and Naturalization Law for the Community, 2013-present
· Colorado Organization for Victims Advocates (COVA) Conference, “U Visas for Law Enforcement and Victim Advocates: Essential Considerations for Immigrant Crime Victims,” 2013-2015
· Colorado Bar Association, "U Visa Basics: A How to Guide for Novice Practitioners," 2012
· Colorado District Attorneys Council, “U Visa Certifications for Law Enforcement,” 2013
Licensed Attorney before the Colorado Supreme Court 2009-present
Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado 2009-present
Mily Jelinek has been a Paralegal at Johnson Knudson Law since 2015. She is originally from Argentina, where she graduated from the Cordoba University of Law School. Mily is fluent in both Spanish and English. While in University, she worked with a law firm in that specialized in Family Law. She enjoys working on family based immigration cases, and working with Hispanic clients. She has over seven years of experience as an immigration paralegal. Mily also really enjoys playing field hockey and practicing all kinds of outdoor sports.
Jaime is a proud native of Colorado! She grew up in Aurora, CO and went to Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO, where she earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics. She assists with Family and Employment based immigration law, and has been working as a paralegal for 5 years. Jaime loves the satisfaction she feels in helping others achieve their immigration goals. Jaime adores her little family of three, and loves spending time with them, and her extended family on a regular basis.
Joseph Doren has been our Legal Assistant since 2015. He’s usually the first person you’ll see when you walk in our door. Joe is bilingual Spanish-English. Prior to working at Johnson Knudson Law, he owned a wholesale business in Florida. His extensive employment history includes twenty years as a Civil Engineer, as well as excelling in sales. Joe loves animals and spending time with his family.