Important information for citizens of Yemen
Due to the current unstable security situation in Yemen, there are a few new immigration relief options that may assist eligible Yemeni nationals.
Immigration relief measures that may be available include:
- Change or extension of nonimmigrant status for an individual currently in the United States, even if the request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired.
- Extension of certain grants of parole made by USCIS.
- Expedited adjudication and approval, where possible, of requests for off-campus employment authorization for F-1 students experiencing severe economic hardship.
- Expedited adjudication of employment authorization applications, where appropriate.
- Consideration for waiver of fees associated with USCIS benefit applications, based on an inability to pay.
The attorneys at Johnson Knudson LLC can assist you in selecting and requesting the best option for you. Call today to set up a consultation.